Tuesday, August 12, 2014

INSERT TITLE HERE

Over the past year, I've collaborated with Éric Boivin and fourthousandblackbirds, two very talented local sound artists, to bring you the "Untitled" series.

photo by Svetla Atanasova

The concept of these pieces is symmetry.

 Our process is that they send me a temp track and I edit something that was inspired by it. I then send the piece back to them and they build upon that. It's a really great way to collaborate because I let their sounds inspire me, and what I come up with, inspires them in return.They play their equipment, whilst facing each other, feeding off of what the other is doing, in a kind of organic improvisation.

Our fourth collaboration will be presented this Thursday evening, at Casa Del Popolo in Montreal, Canada. Information about the event can be found here.

In the meantime, here are our first three collaborations.

Eric Boivin + fourthousandblackbirds + Dominic F. Marceau
Untitled #1
Untitled #1 from F Squared Media on Vimeo.
Live performance at Laboratoire Phénomena 5,May 5th 2013 @ Casa Del Popolo, Montreal, QC, Canada.


Eric Boivin + fourthousandblackbirds + Rachel Ní Chuinn + Dominic F. Marceau
Untitled #2
Untitled #2 from F Squared Media on Vimeo.
Official Selection: "Synthesis III: Motion" at the Irish Film Institute in Dublin, Ireland - January 2014.


Eric Boivin + fourthousandblackbirds + Dominic F. Marceau
Untitled #3
Untitled #3 from F Squared Media on Vimeo.
Live performance at BBAM! Gallery, May 25th 2014, in Montreal, QC, Canada.


To see more of my videos and experimental short films, 
please visit my Vimeo and Facebook pages. 
Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment